Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

I can still remember falling down onto the foot stool in front of the TV and telling Jon to turn on the TV. I had the phone in one hand and was fumbling for the remote control. The older 2 girls were at school and I was just getting ready to start breakfast for Ri Bug and I when the phone rang and my Momma told me we were under attack. What in the world did she mean? I mean, this is AMERICA - no one would attack us! Numb, we watched as the second plane hit, and then glued to the television we would soon witness an attack on the Pentagon and a field in PA. Never in my life have I experienced such Highs and Lows - such pride and pain, as in the weeks that followed. As a nation, we rallied together to help survivors and support those who lost loved ones. We mourned together when search efforts were called off. We praised those who helped, and swore we would find the fiends who had caused such havoc in our beloved country.
~NEVER FORGET~
TK

No comments: